Emailing means sending commercial or informative email to one or more groups of people, via free or paid emailing software services.
Why carry out emailing campaigns as a gallery owner?
Emailing allows you to communicate with collectos expeditiously, while developing targeted communication. Gallery owners, you can pass on information on your works, depending on the artistic tastes of your collectors, their budget and geographical situation.
How does the emailing campaign work?
1. Creating contact lists
You need to make up contact lists, who are likely to be seduced by the same type of topics or interested by the same kind of information.
- Create groups depending on the language: French collectos and English-speaking collectos.
- Create groups depending on the budget: major collectors (+than 5 000) and small collectors (-than 5 000).
2. Writing emails and the subject
The email covers two steps: design and the writing.
Concerning the design, all the emailing softwares offer "templates"- emailing designed beforehand, to be completed. This gives you the possibility to personalize. Generally speaking, the templates are simple and aesthetically pleasing, therefore they don't need you tackle the tedious task of coding. For the more demanding ones, it goes without saying that the emailing softwares wich aren't free, offer many more templates than the free ones, this can balance out your choice.
As for writing up, you can only count on yourself! The emailing software can't write for you. In order for the emailing campaigns to be efficient, you emails needs to be concise. All you need to do is focus on two steps: the subject and the content of your email.
Make sure you treat the subject of your email with the importance it deserves. It's thanks to this very short sentence or phrase that the recipient will decide to open your email or not.
1. Give the main information of your email, in the subject.
2. Don't use more than 12 words.
3. Be dynamic - for example, choose an interrogative sentence rather a declarative sentence.
4. Avoid anything that might be interpreted as spam.
- The content of your email is key, as it's going to pass on information and reroute your recipient if need be, towards the site of your choice.
1. Write emails with paragraphs and focus on one information per paragraph. You can even number your paragraphs.
2. Get straight to the point, the internet users don't spend more than a few minutes per mail on an average.
3. Of courses, don't forget to insert links to other sites of your gallery and social network pages. You can attach links to words or images, depending on your email.
3. Measuring the succes of your emailing
The key innovation of these emailing tools depends on measuring the success of your email. Regardless of the software you choose, you'll be able to access statistic openings of your emailing. The "open rate" is the rate of openings of your email as a percentage and the "click rate" is the rate of clicks of the redirected links. With all this information in hand, you can adapt your writing depending on what works.
Which emailing software to use?
The most commonly used emailing softwares are Mailjet, Mailchimp and Sendinblue. They pretty much present the same tools however with different prices and languages.